ITSAGOAL.com - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
28th Aug 14 9:08 PM
wally
Posts 2,172
Sloth who recently signed for Leeds.

He isnt the Bloke out of the Goonies is he

28th Aug 14 9:09 PM
ozzymac
Posts 3,992
Quote:
Originally posted by samleeds99

Do you know anything about Casper Sloth who recently signed for Leeds?

He has a somewhat paranormal aura around him

28th Aug 14 9:17 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,041
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
He has a somewhat paranormal aura around him

Yes, he’s good at ghosting in at the far post...

28th Aug 14 9:25 PM
samleeds99
Posts 354
Knew I shouldn’t have mentioned his name...

28th Aug 14 9:26 PM
ozzymac
Posts 3,992
Quote:

Spooky

29th Aug 14 12:08 AM
almahaza
Posts 166
Quote:
Originally posted by bcagfc
Difficult to tell as it is the Championship.

This season - He’s been absolutely useless but mainly due to teams knowing his strengths and weaknesses.
He’s still worked very hard as he always does but he’s been making the wrong runs (not sure if he has been told to do that) and hasn’t created or made space for others by dragging defenders around.

Last season - After a slow start and until Cotterill took over he was pretty useless as well, lost count of easy the 1 on 1s that he completely messed up, he had the composure of Ken Dodd.

But once he got going( around Christmas time, he hardly missed, his composure seemed to improve and finished top L1 scorer.

He’ll work hard but if teams play deep, then he will be ineffective, he likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender, which this season has been on the 18 yard line.

He certainly won’t score 25+ like he did last season, I would say around the 10 mark.
I watched a youtube video showing his goals last season, he looks pretty sharp in the box which is something we’ve missed.

We’re playing quite a different system under the new manager, and I think that a nippy, technically proficient forward like Baldock will fit in quite well to what we’re trying to do.

He’ll get plenty of service in the area!

Thank you for your analysis.

29th Aug 14 12:11 AM
almahaza
Posts 166
Quote:
I see Oscar Garcia is favourite for the Leeds job. He’s a likable fella, but his football is pretty dull. I don’t think he’s a particularly good match for Leeds....Steve Clarke on the other hand would do a great job!

29th Aug 14 7:41 AM
norpluto
Posts 187
Quote:
It doesn’t matter if we have a manager or not! Cellino is making all the signings so whoever come in will just be a puppet like Hockaday was.

Do you know anything about Casper Sloth who recently signed for Leeds?

I know little about Danish football, contrary to popular belief Norway is not the capital of Denmark.

A pity Grezz is not here to answer, maybe he knows more.

29th Aug 14 9:09 AM
samleeds99
Posts 354
Quote:
Originally posted by norpluto
I know little about Danish football, contrary to popular belief Norway is not the capital of Denmark.

A pity Grezz is not here to answer, maybe he knows more.

Ahh sorry I knew you lived it Scandanavia by wasn’t sure which country! My apologies!

31st Aug 14 6:39 PM
almahaza
Posts 166
Baldock came on for 15 minutes or so yesterday. I thought he looked sharp, and certainly an upgrade on Mackail-Smith.

I can see why he was rated so highly at Bristol City. I’d expect him to start at Brentford in a couple of weeks time.

31st Aug 14 10:45 PM
Harry_H0rnet
Posts 555
Beppe Sannino: Watford boss resigns. This seems very strange. At least Troy signed a new contract first. It will be very interesting to see who comes in.

Cheers,

Harry

31st Aug 14 11:07 PM
stripey
Posts 711
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
Baldock came on for 15 minutes or so yesterday. I thought he looked sharp, and certainly an upgrade on Mackail-Smith.

I can see why he was rated so highly at Bristol City. I’d expect him to start at Brentford in a couple of weeks time.

Good news, almahaza, and thanks for reporting it.

1st Sep 14 4:31 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 193
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry_H0rnet
Beppe Sannino: Watford boss resigns. This seems very strange. At least Troy signed a new contract first. It will be very interesting to see who comes in.

Cheers,

Harry
I heard that some players were unhappy with his training methods. Not sure there’s too much to complain about if they result in your team being in the top 2.

1st Sep 14 7:34 PM
eldubya
Posts 324
I heard that Deeney was one of those orchestrating the push and signing the new contract may have been a clincher for the Pozzo’s.

Not sure that Oscar Garcia is the answer though. I’d like Moyes, he’s a club builder, but I don’t think he’s actually looking at the moment. Chris Hughton was mentioned, but seems to have gone off the boil now.

1st Sep 14 8:07 PM
bcagfc
Posts 741
Quote:
Originally posted by eldubya
I heard that Deeney was one of those orchestrating the push and signing the new contract may have been a clincher for the Pozzo’s.

Not sure that Oscar Garcia is the answer though. I’d like Moyes, he’s a club builder, but I don’t think he’s actually looking at the moment. Chris Hughton was mentioned, but seems to have gone off the boil now.

Could do a lot worse than Tim Sherwood.

1st Sep 14 8:30 PM
Harry_H0rnet
Posts 555
Quote:
Originally posted by bcagfc
Could do a lot worse than Tim Sherwood.

I think Tim would be great value and entertaining to watch and listen.Although he looks a very unlikely choice.

Some very interesting inside gossip slipping out about Beppe Sannino’s reign and future.

Cheers,

Harry

1st Sep 14 8:37 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,041
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry_H0rnet
Some very interesting inside gossip slipping out about Beppe Sannino’s reign and future.

*Drums fingers on table whilst waiting for Harry to spill the beans*

1st Sep 14 8:57 PM
samleeds99
Posts 354
Quote:
Originally posted by eldubya

Oscar Garcia is Cellino’s first choice but the stumbling block is Watford who are in talks with him. Look like Leeds will look for Steve Clarke or Simon Grayson is we miss out on Garcia...

Today 9:25 AM
D0gsballs
Posts 83
I’d love Larry back. I always felt his dismissal was harsh. If he had been backed in the transfer window when we were in the top 2 at Christmas we’ve had been back in the Premiership. Instead Bates decided the East Stand needed some tarting up and sacked Larry. Think he’d be the perfect man. Let’s face it, our defence can’t get any worse!

Today 12:16 PM
samleeds99
Posts 354
Quote:
Originally posted by D0gsballs
I’d love Larry back. I always felt his dismissal was harsh. If he had been backed in the transfer window when we were in the top 2 at Christmas we’ve had been back in the Premiership. Instead Bates decided the East Stand needed some tarting up and sacked Larry. Think he’d be the perfect man. Let’s face it, our defence can’t get any worse!

I’d love him too but think he ruled himself out looks like I will be Steve Clarke. Which is definitely not bad!

ITSAGOAL.comCopyright © 2014 - ITSAGOAL.com Ltd. All rights reserved.
Links | Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Acceptable usage | Rules of game